Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday Time Again!

Much to my dismay I have aged another year. I am not happy about it for I am starting to feel my age more & more every year. But I have to write a little something about how the people around me made me feel special for one day and not so depressed about getting older.

My birthday celebrations began on Friday the 28th when I showed up at work to a yummy lunch with cake & ice cream, a nice card with a gift card in it from all my co-workers. They were so thoughtful to do all that for me. On Saturday I got up early and Julie & Cass came to pick me up for a "Girls Day Out". We started with breakfast out (yum) and spent half the day shopping 'til we dropped. Julie bought me the cutest tops so I can feel sassy & stylish....and young.

When I got home I was immediately off to Dustin's & Heather's to celebrate with Halle & Torie (since we all share the same B-Day). I knew that Halle loved Justin Bieber so I had made her a t-shirt at work with hers & his picture on it that read Halle hearts Justin. Then I got her a heart shaped necklace with his picture in it. She put it on and loved it.

I can't believe that my little birthday present,
Torie, is now 18 years old. Time just flew on that one...

Me & Torie Me & Jana Me & Mom
I had to leave before cake & ice cream to meet my parents, the Longs, and Candace (+ cute kids) for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. After we waited for freakin' forever (over an hour) we finally got seated and I threw the diet out the window and ordered my food deep fried. Calories don't count if its your birthday. We all totally stuffed ourselves and had a great time shucking peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor.....you can do that there, its allowed. Ryker had a great time in the long wait with Cass & Tucker. They spent the time dancing in the waiting room.

After dinner the group broke apart and Candace & I met Torie, Steven, Jamie, Jana, and Mike at the bowling alley. We played a competitive 2 games where I lost out to everyone, including Ryker. We had so much fun but before too long I knew my busy day had started catching up to me and I was ready to end my day of celebration. I got home around midnight and found a surprise waiting on the counter. There was a balloon (from Mike), a party hat (from Jamie), and a chocolate cake (from mom). So what could I do except put on the hat and eat some cake.

I have the best friends and family in the world!!! They let me be the center of attention
(with Halle & Torie) for one whole day. I hope they know how much I appreciate everything they did for me. They all Rock!!!

P.S. Thanks Candace for the kick ass boots! I love them!

1 comment:

cstenney said...

It was a good day!!! I hope you had fun. I know I did. Glad you like the boots.