Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bringing in Twenty-Eleven!

Its sad but true but the last few years my New Years Eve has been pretty lame and boring. I usually spend them at home alone (tear). So this year I wanted to do something fun that was safe and didn't cost any money (hey, I have my priorities). So when my sister Julie invited me over to her house I was like "Heck Yes!"

I made some yummy bean dip and she made Cafe Rio ( I can die, its so good) and we spent way too much time oinking it out and stuffing our faces. To work all that food off we headed for the basement and a silly night of Wii. We played Dance Party 2 and.......let me add in here how much I HATE to dance, have no coordination, and basically suck at it......but I decided to be opened-minded and try it. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I loved it! I never ever thought I would say that but it was a hoot and nobody cared that I looked like a dork. The best part was getting Rick, who hates dancing more than me, to get up there and shake his bootie! We danced till we could dance no more, played some Wii bowling and archery to pass the time.

Then we got ready to enter in the new year. So we bundled up to head outside. Rick may or may not have made some "homemade" fireworks and I think we were all a little nervous to see what would happen if he were to light the "alleged" fireworks. Some fireworks were lit, there were some loud booms, and a large divet was left in the lawn....but it was fun! The neighbors had a firework show and we stayed outside to watch till we decided we liked it better inside where we wouldn't freeze our butts off. We all wished each other a Happy New Year, and me, Tucker, and Cassidy headed for the basement to watch Despicable Me. By 2:30 in the morning we could no longer keep our eyes open and off to bed we went.

It may not have been the most exciting New Year's on record but I had a blast! I got to spend it with people that ROCK and we had tons of fun. What more could you ask for?

No comments: