Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions.....

I'm not the kind of person that normally makes a New Years Resolution. I always feel like it setting yourself up for failure. But this last year I accomplished more than I ever thought I could.
Last July I told myself that I was going to get healthy and make a huge change in my life. I gave up my favorite things in the world (pepsi and treats) and started a lifestyle change in my eating habits. I also started exercising, which I hadn't really done since highschool. The first few weeks were the hardest I had ever had. I never knew how much I relied on food to get me by. But as the days went by and I actually started to see results I knew that I had done the best thing for myself. I never knew I could actually have that much self-control to stick to it for the last 6 months. So now here I am....52 pounds lighter and much happier.
So now that I know that I am able to see something through I want to try to make a resolution and make it happen. I couldn't decide what I wanted to change the most in my life this year, whether I wanted it to be about me or others. So I decided to not make just one large resolution, but many small ones......
I want to be a nicer person. I want to be un-selfish and do for others, to help when its needed. I want to make more friends. I want to visit places and do new things. I want to learn to not be afraid of stupid things, like snow & dating (random, huh?). I want to open myself up to people and not hold back, to not keep it all in and be closed off. Does that make sense? I want to be a "new" me that is more adventurous and fun. I want to a person that someone would love and want to be with. I want my family to be healthy and happy. I want the best for them all. I want to "Pay it Forward". I want, I want, I want....wow, I need to work on that. I guess I should say instead, " I would really really like for.....".
I just know that I can BE better. So if any of you have any more ideas for me to make this happen then please feel free to write and give suggestions. I just hope that I can do these things. I guess we'll see. Let's see if I can make this new year one like I've never had before!

2 comments:

Margie Quilter said...

Steph, I think you've done an awesome job! You look AMAZING!! I envy you because you did this year what I've been wanting to do for a long time. Thanks for being an inspiration! AND... you already are a good person! :) So that new year's resolution was easy!

Sarah said...

I agree with Margie! You are so amazing! When we came back this past September I could just see the confidence in you and I loved that. I have always thought you were such a beautiful person, inside and out, and I love that you are starting to see that for yourself. You look AWESOME!! I am hoping that in six months I have just as great of a story as you! Good job, Steph. YOu deserve this happiness. Thanks for all your great blog posts! I love reading them!