Saturday, January 14, 2012

Makeover Time!!

So I know for a fact that I am NOT Martha Stewart, but I decided to try my hand at a little makeover project of my own. I haven't "re-done" my bedroom in several years and I was getting tired of the same old bedspread in purple & green. So after much deliberation I decided to change it up and go for a new look. The problem is that I am the cheapest person and wanted it on a D.I. budget but have it look like a million bucks....I don't ask for too much. So I asked many people's opinions and thought, "Hey, I can do that!".......I was naive and much more confidant in the beginning. So here are my before and after pics of my projects. I still have some "tweaking" to do and am open to hear opinions on what to change. See what happens when I go crazy with a can of spray paint for the very first time...

My little shelf that was green and I painted it teal. Wow color!

My frame and a few little knick-knacks I found or made.

My top shelf. This was the hardest thing of all. So any suggestions to make it look better? I thought of maybe a garland or something.....

My mirrors I bought years ago and gave them a new coat of paint.
What do you think of the different colors? Yay or nay?

Old bed with new bedding. Too busy?????

As you can see I have attempted to be the next HGTV star but am seriously doubting some of my choices. I need validation people! jk Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

Margie Quilter said...

ummmm, I love it!! Love the blue shelf and that candle is really nice too!! I think it's looking pretty awesome!!

cstenney said...

Looks rally good. I think you need to give yourself more credit!!! I like you bedding....it's very you!!