Tuesday, October 27, 2009

IT'S PUMPKIN TIME!!!!!

Do you know what the best thing to do is on a cold and snowy night a few nights before Halloween?

You need to make a big ol' pot of homemade chili to heat you from the inside out to start then carve a few pumpkins. Since it was so dreary outside, my mom and I decided that tonight was THE night. We cleared the table off and let the carving begin. I am not a, shall we say, creative type person. So instead of making my pumpkin cool or scary...I made it cute! I carved flowers and polka dots. What can I say, I'm such a girl. To make matters worse I pulled out the paint and made it colorful too. My mom knew what she wanted but couldn't carve her pumpkin so I did hers for her. They both turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.



We are not the most artistic or talented of pumpkin carvers, but I had a great time spending time with my mom and that's what makes it a great memory to share.

No comments: