Monday, April 13, 2009

If It'S nOt FuN, You'Re NoT doINg iT RiGHt!!!

Spring Is Nature's Way Of Saying
"Let's Party!"
Easter Sunday is always a fun day at Grandma's house. There is yummy food to eat, Easter bags to decorate, Easter egg hunts, Easter egg "decorating" contest and, best of all, family to share it with. I love any day where family comes over and we visit and play.

The little kids enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. I think Joey and Ryker benefited the most, but the adults had a good time too....picking on each other. Then the "decorating" contest began. Who knew that such a simple contest could cause such competitiveness in all of us? Candace and I had been brainstorming ideas for a week because we were determined to win. We went through many different ideas (Twilight, Harry Potter, Narnia, etc.). But when the time came we decided to go with The Wizard of Oz. We had fun deciding how to decorate them, making her ruby shoes and the tin man out of tin foil....


Josh made Bert & Ernie using jelly beans for noses.

Joni made "Egg-ton John" and his piano.

Pretty flashy!

Tucker made Albert Einstein and Ozzy Ozbourne. Don't ask me how he came it with those particular two people, but it was funny nonetheless.

In the end, Brett and Kelly "judged" and decided that Bert & Ernie deserved 1st place ($5.00 prize) and Candace and I got 2nd place. We each won $2.00 in an egg. Oh, yeah!!!!

So the moral of my Easter day tale is......

"LIVE & WORK BUT DO NOT FORGET TO PLAY, TO HAVE FUN IN LIFE & REALLY ENJOY IT."


3 comments:

amy said...

Looks like fun! I love getting together with the family too. Especially seeing all the little munchkins that grow up way too fast!

Sarah said...

Aw man, I wish we could have been there! i love all the eggs!

Amanda Pettey said...

How fun! I love the egg decorating contest idea! We had a crazy Eater too but it was nice to be with family. I can't believe all those babies are in their older teens! I am feeling a lot older more and more lately.